Renaissance Academy Dress Code and Grooming Expecations
We have high standards concerning uniforms and personal appearance, as this is an important element of instilling confidence and a positive learning environment. An attractive, Uniform and overall appearance will communicate that we care about ourselves, and will prepare you for the workplace. Renaissance Academy will, consistent with the requirements of federal, state, or local law, consider making reasonable accommodations with respect to dress or grooming requirements that are directly related to a student’s religion and/or ethnicity. If an accommodation of this nature is required, please notify Mr. Dillingham and be prepared to discuss potential reasonable accommodations.
Your uniform consists of pants, a shirt, belt, name badge, and one pair of shoes. All students must be in full uniform any time you represent the school. You will be expected to be in compliance with the dress code on a daily basis at school, on field trips, on the school bus, open houses, and meetings at the school. All garments should fit properly and be clean, pressed (as applicable), and in good condition (i.e., no holes, fraying, stains, discoloration, etc.).
- Proper undergarments must be worn by all students.
- Students must present a professional appearance (neat, clean, and well-groomed).
- School name badges must be worn at all times, on the outermost garment, on the student’s right chest.
- Other miscellaneous pins, buttons, stickers and/or ribbons may not be worn on the uniform or affixed to the name badge.
- All shirts must be worn tucked in.
- Student’s polo shirts must be worn with at least the bottom button fastened.
- Students may wear solid white or black T-shirts (no printing or graphics) under all shirts.
- All T-shirts must be in good condition (with no holes, fraying, discoloration, etc.) T-shirt sleeve length should not extend below the bottom edge of the Renaissance Academy shirt sleeve. Pants must fit properly and must be hemmed to fall at the midpoint of the heel. Cuffed and/or pegged pants are not acceptable.
- A belt must be worn and must be trimmed so that the end does not hang below the beltline. Shoes must be solid black and be constructed of leather or man-made (non-cloth) uppers. Closed heel and closed-toe styles required.
- Shoes must fit properly with laces tied unless limited by temporary medical conditions requiring corrective orthopedic devices (due to broken bones, surgeries, etc.).
- Students Females must wear solid black or white socks.
No Jewelry is allowed to be worn with the exception of a wedding band or medical bracelet. (Earrings, bracelets, watches, necklaces, piercing retainers or any other jewelry are not allowed)
Good personal hygiene is expected of students when they report for school (e.g., clean-shaven, bathed, and with the appropriate application of body deodorant). Hair and nails must comply with local health department requirements and not be past the ends of the fingertip. Hair must be clean and worn in good taste so as not to be distracting to teachers or fellow students.
Hairstyles must be neat and professional in appearance. Unnatural hair colors or eccentric styles (e.g., Mohawks, dreadlocks, shaven designs, etc.) are not permitted.
- Females: Hair of length long enough for a ponytail must be contained as such or in a bun or braid, etc. Only hair that is too short for a ponytail is allowed to be half up, half down. No hair accessories are permitted, with exception to a headband of neutral tones.
- Males: Hair must not fall below the midpoint of the collar in the back, below the midpoint of the ear on the sides, or below eyebrows on the forehead. Facial hair, other than a neatly trimmed mustache, is unacceptable. Sideburns must be trimmed to be no longer than the bottom of the earlobe and of a consistent width on the sides from top to bottom.
- Makeup must be subdued and worn in good taste so as not to be distracting to teachers or fellow students.
- Fingernail polish must be the same color on all nails, worn in good taste.
- Fingernail gems and/or designs will not be permitted.
- Perfume or cologne must be subdued in fragrance and not be distracting to teachers or fellow students.
- Body modifications (e.g., piercings, extended earlobes, etc.) visible to staff are not acceptable. Uniforms smelling like smoke are not acceptable.